Who To Call When Your Appliances Fail
Nearly every day, most of us have to do certain tasks around the house to keep up with things. Luckily, we have appliances that aid us in doing these chores. For example, if you need to do a lot of dishes, it makes sense to use the dishwasher. The same goes for cleaning your clothes in the washer. The washing machine and the dishwasher are connected to both your electrical and your plumbing systems. In these instances, it can be confusing when the appliance breaks, because you may not know who to call right away.
Unfortunately, any issue you experience with your washing machine is going to be a hassle. Not only can you not wash your clothes, but now you will have to pay for the repairs or replace it! In the case of your washing machine, there are actually three people that you might need to call; an electrician, a plumber, and an appliance repair person.
Follow these steps to help you figure out who to call for your particular situation:
- If the washing machine does nothing when you turn it on:
- The first thing to check is whether or not the door or lid is closed all the way.
- Many washing machines have a safety feature that prevents them from turning on unless the lid or door is fully engaged.
- Next, try various settings on the washing machine dial.
- If there is a problem with the appliance, some cycles might work while other do not.
- But, if the problem is electrical, none of the cycles will work.
- Your washing machine has a special electrical plug and other appliances should not be plugged into the outlet to test it.
- Instead, call an electrician to have your outlet checked for problems.
- If the washing machine does not drain:
- This could be either a plumbing issue or a problem with the appliance.
- On your washing machine is a drain hose that is meant to catch the dirty water that is coming out of the tub and then carry it to the drain pipe that is in the wall.
- The drain pipe then carries the used water to your sewer or septic system.
- If the drain has a clog, you need to contact a plumber to check the drain hose and pipe.
Contact a professional plumber to help you with appliance repairs today! Creekside Plumbing has over 28 years of experience in the plumbing industry. Call 281-332-7767 to speak with a licensed master plumber today!
If there is not a clog in your drain hose, then the problem is likely the pump inside of your washing machine and you will need to contact an appliance repair person to have the pump repaired or, replaced.
If your dishwasher is malfunctioning then you need to figure out if the problem is electrical or plumbing related. The following is a quick guide on the common problems you might be experiencing, and who to call in the event of each.
If The Dishwasher Does Not Run
- When you turn it on and nothing happens, the dishwasher is probably not getting any power.
- The best course of action might be to call an electrician.
If The Dishwasher Does Not Fill
- The problem has to do with the water supply getting into the machine.
- This might be something a plumber can help you with.
If The Dishwasher Keeps Filling
- The float switch is faulty, the timer is stuck on fill, or the water inlet valve is stuck open.
- A plumber can likely help you replace these parts.
If The Dishwasher Does Not Drain
- If the drain is clogged then attempt to clear it.
- Otherwise a plumber can help you diagnose the problem.
If The Dishwasher Is Leaking
- A leaky hose or loose hose connection, or maybe the pump seal.
- This is actually a job for the appliance repair person.
Creekside Plumbing & Construction understands what a homeowner has to deal with, since we are homeowners in League City as well. If you notice any signs at all of a possible plumbing problem starting to arise, do not hesitate, call the professionals at Creekside Plumbing today, 281-332-7767.
We will diagnose the problem, provide you with a solution that suits your specific needs, while being able to fix your plumbing issues immediately. We pride ourselves on carrying the necessary tools and plumbing supplies so that we can fix anything we come up against. This is our goal so that your home and plumbing are back in working order as soon as possible so that your lives may return back to normal, with the least amount of disruption.
Creekside Plumbing is Your Local Plumbing Solution!
With over 28 years in business and over 35 years of experience in the plumbing industry, nothing is going to surprise us. We will always have a solution to any plumbing problem you may be facing. Creekside Plumbing is your complete all-in-one plumbing solution. We offer a variety of plumbing services, so please contact us to see if we can help you with your specific plumbing issue. If you need appliance repairs, or just have a leaky faucet, Creekside Plumbing is always the right company for the job.